BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to the shop to have BMW techs replace the SZL (steering angle sensor). When I got it back, now the joystick steering wheel adjustor doesn't work. I know I should take it back to them, but can this be a DIY fix? I think they just forgot to reconnect it.
Can somebody point me to a diagram or something?

Thanks,

Balbs

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
the new SZL is probably faulty or wasnt coded properly. Take it back to the dealer. I dont recommend trying to fix it yourself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, it's an SZL programming issue? I thought it would be a simple wire harness or similar that was inadvertantly disconnected.

Balbs

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Ive seen this 2 times before after replacing and programming the SZL. 1 time it was a faulty SZL out of the box, the other time it was an encoding issue. I dont remember if the column switch has its own connector or if its part of a bigger connector whch would give you additional symptoms. Either way, if the dealer just fixed it I'd take it back and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I did the after hours drop off. Hopefully they can get to it asap. It's just frustrating because I was without a car for about 4 days last week.

Balbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts