BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Am new to the forum but couldn't help but registered because, like most of us, my '95 525i has reached the stage of needing "special" attention.

First off how do I verify the year model of the car? Although its registered as '95 model I have my doubts. Essentially I wanna make sure that the engine is an M50. Is there a way to verify this say in the engine number? :D

Second. It doesn't want to start. Battery's ok. Gear lever is in "P". When the ingition key is placed in the "ON" position everything on the dash is brightly lit, when its pushed to the "START" position the engine doesn't crank. Dash display doesn't dim when this is done. :pissed2

Third. Breaks squeek like hell when pressed lightly and sound disappears when pressed hard. :pissed2

Let's keep it short for the meantime to elude myself from thingking that I purchased a dud. :cry

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
My car also does the break squeaking when light and goes waway with pressure....

unless your car is older than 91, it has the m50, some ways to check is to see if the valve cover gasket is black and the intake manifold doesnt look like a spider sitting over the top of the valve cover.

Also your car is a 1995 if you have a wide front grille, look at my sig and see if yours is wider, if so - its a 95 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup its a '95 then..thanks!

Any comments/views/suggestions on the starter? Have you encountered the same problems with your car?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
could very well be the starter, possibly the ground have a look around.. or the ignition switch.

your brakes squealing and stop when you apply hard.. time for new pads thats the pad wear sensor causing the squeal.. take care of that soon as the pad sensor might take a bite outta your rotor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here's the verdict...the starter's shot because of an installed booster that caused the latter to burn...rewinding is needed... :banghead

any suggestions on what brand of break pads to get? some one told me Bendix are ok...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the best plus size with out losing original ride comfort? is it ok to go from stock to plus 2 with out changing stock suspension? i've been thinking of getting those M5 parallels for a while now and couldn't decide because the change might impede a good ride...

commets please....

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
a lot of people are using m parallels and nobody complained so far... i dont recommend you go over 17

1 - 7 of 7 Posts