BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 89 525i and have been fixing it up. There wasn't much wrong with it. I replaced one fog light and had to change the bulbs so I always had the F/Fog Light indicator on the dash since I purchased the vehicle. So now I have fixed most of the minor problems. I start up the car and it displays the fasten seat belts warning and then goes black the only indication on the dash display is the trip meter and odometer the fog light indicator works when I turn it on. So my question is this normal?

Thanks

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
I never checked if the fog lights go out when I use the high beam I will have a look at that.

Thanks
It's supposed to. DOT regulations say you can't have more than 4 lights on up front ... in the rest of the world they stay on even with the high beams.

btw, Have you discovered yet that the display that shows all the warnings can display data from your OBC? Push in the turn signal stalk from the side ... keep pushing it to cycle through. To extinguish the display, push CODE on the OBC itself.

edit: If you have any other questions, please do ask .. be it here or through PM. We've had 4 e34s in my house over the last 5 or so years; so I know my way around them quite well.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's supposed to. DOT regulations say you can't have more than 4 lights on up front ... in the rest of the world they stay on even with the high beams.

btw, Have you discovered yet that the display that shows all the warnings can display data from your OBC? Push in the turn signal stalk from the side ... keep pushing it to cycle through. To extinguish the display, push CODE on the OBC itself.

edit: If you have any other questions, please do ask .. be it here or through PM. We've had 4 e34s in my house over the last 5 or so years; so I know my way around them quite well.
Great thanks for the info, I'm just waiting on some parts then the I'm going to do the valve clearance check. Checking for the OBC codes will definitely focus my attention to where it is needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.