BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, an ocean fell from the sky. I drove into it... aka it flooded and I drove through a deceivingly large puddle. My car stalled and I tried (mid puddle) to start it, to no avail. It was up to my door - no water got inside witu the door open. Later, after pushing to dry ground, it started with a lot of effort. There is water in my oil. My coils are shorting to the block because its wet. I ran it till the exhaust was dry and theres no smoke from it anymore. It sounds like there's an exhaust leak now but I'm now sure since its not running on all 6.

Tomorrow I'm going to turn the engine over without plugs to get any water out and see if I can do compression test. The get an oil change. Anything else I should worry about? Could I need a new cat? I have to pass smog check soon.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Best thing to do is let everything dry out about 2-3days, do an oil change and we can go from there....If you have to use it before all dries out, change the oil DONT drive it with water in the oil whatever you do.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
trans program fail after driving in puddle what should I do? Checked battery thats good altenator check thats good. Should I let the car sit and dry out? and at the same time disconnect battery to reset? Help

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
I would let it dry out, you only need to disconnect the battery for approx 20 minutes, brown off 1st and last on. Make sure you have the radio code if required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts