BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 BMW 525i where the dipped headlights (both of them) just turn off and come back on when they want to. Side lights still on and main beam worked OK. Problem worse for the 1st 30 mins after starting.

Done all the usual, ie, relays, dashboard switch etc but still there. Not changed the stalk switch on the steering col but BMW dealer tells me it is most unlikely. Have had various auto electricians look at it, which is not cheap.....all to no avail.

Anyone experienced this problem? If so did you find out what it was? Most importantly can you tell me how you fixed it? Pretty Please.

Hope someone can help

Cheers all

·
Registered
497 Posts
dipped headlights? Can you give a little more info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

sorry about the delay been away and then I had to get rid of that flipping msblast / lovsan worm from my system, real pain.

Ok thanks for replying, to try and clarify what I mean I'll go simplistic as there can be confusion in terminolgy between US & UK English. No offence meant :D

Lights are in 3 stages.
1. Side lights / parking lights/ tail lights whatever you want to call em
2. Dipped headlights/driving lights
3. Main beam/full headlights.

It's No 2 I keep loosing. 1 & 3 will still work even when dipped wont.

Example Driving along on dipped headlights, they go out leaving just sidelights on, if I use col switch I will get main beams but when going back to dipped they will still be missing, untill they decide to come back whenever it suits (or so it seems)

Hope this helps explain what I'm trying to get across in my fumbling way

Cheers

Tel

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum....
:idea2 sound like it could be a loose connection there mate! or a bad earth....
i would suggest looking at all the earthing points and make sure they are affixed to the bodywork correctly..... :thumbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you ever think about changing the Lamp control module.You find this on fuse box in the engine bay, its the biggest and long one. This module mostly fails a lot in e34 model. I hope this help. Find one on ebay for less than $100. Hope this help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, will look into that, sounds like the most likely doesnt it?. Well fingers crossed only time will tell.

Thanks again one and all

Tel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts