BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted to know what I can do to convert my e30 4 lug into a 5 lug system, I really like the 5 lug look on the 17" wheels and I wnat to know if it can be done???
ahy help will be appreciated... :idea2

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
With enough money anything can be done. I don't think anyone on this forum has attempted to do so, so you may not get many answers to your post.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by flipsgonetopless@Sep 17 2003, 03:57 PM
Well I just wanted to know what I can do to convert my e30 4 lug into a 5 lug system, I really like the 5 lug look on the 17" wheels and I wnat to know if it can be done???
ahy help will be appreciated... :idea2
i hear its not really worth the money. but its up to u. lot of people just use spacers for a 5 lug nut rim

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i dont think its worth it either, practically any style can be had in 4lug if you look hard enough, except OE wheels. ive heard you can re-drill the bolt patter on the wheels to convert the wheel itself from 5lug to 4lug, but i'm sure thats really expensive and weakens the wheel

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
it can be done and its not a hard process. Its just damn expensive. All you need is all the suspension and axle parts off a e30 m3. This includes the brakes, the control arm, hub, i mean theres a hole slew of parts you need from the m3 and its probly gonna cost you about $1500 to get them.

Besides if you are planning to do this just because you want a 5 bolt wheel that seems very silly. 4 bolt wheels are INCREDIBLY easy and cheap to find (thank you honda, did something right) and you can get replicas very cheap of any type.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i guess you're right, thanks for the input. i thought it was easier than that but oh well. i did findsome nice bbs wheels for my e30. thanks again guys.,.. :driving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts