BMW Werkz banner

330i HK stereo system

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ZeroHM 
#1 ·
If you could improve any one thing about the system, what would it be? Bass, speaker quality at high volumes, amplification? Sub strength?

I'm trying to decide if I should/need to replace anything. :D

#4 ·
Originally posted by woobiee@Sep 26 2003, 05:10 PM
i have the HK system in my 323ci, and first thing i did took out the subs and put in 2 aftermarket subs with an aftermarket amp. for me, the bass in the hk is not enough for me.

the speakers are fine until you crank it up real real high. i 'may' replace them in the future.
hey woobiee do you know what kind of speakers the HK system uses? i know they say harmon kardon, but doesnt HK just use renamed Infinity reference or kappas in the 3series?

#6 ·
here's something interesting i found off google. Harmon Kardon as well as other speaker brands are manufactured by Harman-Motive. so all these brands are basically the same speaker built to different specs, and after looking around a few people were able to make direct comparisons with a certain range of JBL speakers to the 'HarmonKardon' speakers bmw uses.

But i guess since bmw has a contract with harmon kardon and harmon kardon owns Harman Motive (the manufacturer) they can put the HK badge on any of these speakers:

Harman-Motive produces high-end sound systems, including JBL, Infinity, Harman-Kardon, Mark Levinson, and Becker.

Over the years, Harman-Motive has built its reputation for high-quality products and forward-thinking management practices by "tuning in" to the needs of its customers, which include the likes of BMW, Lexus, Toyota, and Chrysler.

was anybody able to follow this? :p

#10 ·
Anups or anybody for that matter,

Don't you need the adapter for your Alpine changer?
I've got a 2001 325i with the HK upgrade. Does anyone know if I'll need the signal adapter?

I want the MP3 changer, does that use the same controls?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ZeroHM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.