BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently purchased a BMW 330ci coupe wiht the sports package, manual. I was wondering wether or not this fine engineered BMW would be able to take out a true sports car, the 350z.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try your post in the e46 3 series section...your car is newer correct? This section is for older 3 series. :welcome I honestly have no clue. Go on google and look up the specs of both cars.

Yeah and what's this about BMW's not being true sports cars... :screwy I would say they are more of a sports car then the 350z. If I am not mistaken BMW has a much older race history then Nissan. I could be mistaken though.

HAHA no hard feelings though...like I said. Try the e46 section as that is the body style of your 3 series.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i defeinately support the 350z on this one. On straightaways, i believe that the 350z will not win by much, but take it to the track and i can safely say that 350z will dominate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is my take on it.
Straight stock, according to the magazine reviews, the 350 will win. But when you are talking about the street, I think it comes down to a couple of things.
1) Who the better driver is; and
2) Who is willing to drop their clutch from 3-4000 rpm.

If you are willing to "abuse/use" your car more than he is, you might get him.

Of course, I could totally be wrong.

Piece (yeah that kind)
Joe

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
well the 350 will win the race , its one of those cars that is right in between bmw models, (between the 330 and the M3). its funny that they class those two cars together, i think the 350z is an awesome car, but id still take a 330

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely... 350Z will win over 330ci... the Z has 287-hp & 274-ft lb torq. and 330ci has 225-hp & 214-ft lb torq. and I think Z does 0~60 in 5.4 and 330ci in 6.2... but I'm a BMW owner so... I'll still pick 330ci to drive, its a fun car... but then again, the price on 350Z does look good...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
lol that 350 will whoop the 330 ci so bad... not even close. And how can you say nissan doesnt have race history? Do you not remember the monster killing datsun engines?? Besides the 350 is an all around better car.

Its lighter, better geometries (this is my opinion), larger displacment, better numbers, better wheelbase, lower to the ground, better center of gravity, and a cool lookin car. 330 has got non of these. sorry but im a e30 cultist i guess... and i like e36 too i guess.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Dec 9 2003, 11:46 AM
lol that 350 will whoop the 330 ci so bad... not even close.
are you talkin about straight line? cuz the two cars are .2 apart in the 0-60, i say depends on the driver

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
.2 is a huge difference in 0-60.

Btw dont flame my previous post.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ha thanks for backin me up. I must have passed right over that.

Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In a race, the Z would easily win... if it didn't, the driver should be shot. In prestige, class, luxury, and resale value: The 330CI wins easily.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by alanh@Dec 9 2003, 10:40 AM
wrong forum. but...are u impliying the 33ci is not a sports car?
It isn't a sports car - a sporty car yes, but not a sports car in the purest sense.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by alanh@Dec 12 2003, 09:33 AM
well if you want to get all technical about it the z really isn't either
I agree completely - although I wouldn't turn down a drive in the track model. :D

For my money, I'll take the 330.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
350 by far.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
some drivers can get the 330 down to 5.9 sec 0-60.

ok the 350z has 287hp, dynos have it at around 220hp to the wheels (about 25% loss)

whereas the 330, hs 225hp, dynos have it around the 200-205hp to the wheels (about 10% loss)

so the real hp gap is much closer, about 15-20 hp diff. it is either bmw done an incredible job transfering power to the wheels, or that nissan made an embarrasing 25% power loss. i still think the Z will be faster, but I really think the 330 ahas a small chance.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
yea but nissan overinflates their crank numbers so its not 287.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts