BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help Hello again. I’ve came with na idea. I have an E36 325tds, 146hp, saloon version, year 93, in sight to purchase. I would like to know your opinion about this car before I make up with a decision. Can this engine support an ECU chip, and how many hp may I gain with it? Can that turbo take a westgate or a boost controller? What about a dump valve, and a BMC carbon air filter? A friend of mine told me that with all this, that engine could gain up to 218hp, is that true? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
diesels have enormous performance potential. You should be able to upgrade the ECU, and you should be able to increase the boost, but Im not sure how much you can run with the factory turbo. A new turbo would be able to run alot more. Also, with diesel you can run a mixture of propane that can dramatically increase your #s.

·
Registered
41 Posts
diesel engines can run much more booswt compared to petrol engine, bc a diesel engine would need to have a small amount of detonation for the dieselling process to happen. i dont think in my country there were any TDS versions for sale :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts