BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was a wondering if anyone knew if bmw has ever had any problems with the 325ix. I dont know if they are dependable, and how long do the cars usually last. If anyone could tell me i would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
they suck for racing. So dont think about getting one for soloII. Its not gonna happen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 1988 325ix with 160,000 miles and it's a great car. I live in NC and we just had snow Sunday and the car was remarkable. I haven't had any concern's that relates to the IX part of the car but have read about the transfer case output splines giving some troubles. I would recommend if you are looking to purchase the car to have the AWD parts checked out because they are pricey to repair. I would recommend the IX if you live where the weather gets bad and you have the neeed for AWD. I personally think they are great cars. I have a friend with one that has close to 250,000 miles with no problems either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i own an 88ix with 236k and not many problems the only big deals are the locking plates on the front wheels that make sit hard to do front end work without special tools and the like but other than that no problems, fun in the snow, I'll tell you that, nothing like going 50mph in snow with no fear, ix's do seem heavy b/c of the front diff and the transfer case. Nice things about the ix are the side skirts factory and the lovely 15 inch basket weave rims, Can't complain drive it 50 miles a day, like mentioned the expense of ix parts is more but worth it if you enjoy awd. Here is a photo for fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
or get an audi 4000s are bullitproof if amintainde das well as 90's and quattro kicks all kinds of ass ive never been in a IX bimmer so i cant compare i just know i like my car better than my moms grand cherokee in the snow sept ground clearance becomes a problme on some days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts