BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a 94 325i with traction control and there is a set of snow tires for it. Can someone tell me how this will be in a little snow or ice. How will it compare to a front wheel drive. Right now I have a civic with normal tires.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have michelin mxv4+ tires and they worked great on ice, but are not a winter tire. If it has a set of snow or winter tires, itll be more than fine.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Welcome to the forums danp!! B)

Grab the snows you'll need them..I have a set I put on in the winter and w/ the ASC it works a hell of a lot better then w/ my summer tires on..

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It also greatly depends on how adept you are at driving RWD. You could have the best snow tires known to man, but if you aren't adept at RWD you'll still be screwed. It's not the machine, but the operator that matters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A trick from icy Denmark is to place a pavement brick or 2 in the trunk when winter is comming.

It will help your rear wheels to get a grib, but it's not all as Greendragon says it - its the driver and not the car.

Best advice is to either get to a icy surface driving school and get some experience in rear drive - or find a huge empty parking space/road when winter is comming and start messing around.

And get used to the rear.

Just a little story from here:

We changed the rims and tires back in early april, got these deep rim on the ride, felt good, until 5 days later when the last snow fall.

6 cm's snow and driving with deep summer tyres aint that funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts