BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a rear spoiler for my 2000 323ci coupe today, not a huge one but not a "fin" either. I have the drill holes lined up already on the trunk, and I'm ready to drill...but one problem. The inside of the trunk lid (after the outer carpet shell thing has been popped off) has 2 layers of metal. It doesn't look like it's removable because it's been sealed to the outer layer of the trunk by shitloads of sealant. So if I drill my holes in the top of my trunk lid, I won't have access to the holes on the inside of the lid. Am I supposed to drill/cut through this 2nd metal layer. It does seem rather soft, like some sort of tool could possibly cut through it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do a search for a DIY on this website and also try e46fanatics.com. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, I believe I would definetly try to find a body shop with expierence on installing it. Would hate to think you would mess your trunk up if you don't know exactly what to do. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try the search on this forum and found nothing...I will try the other site you suggested. Anybody else try this? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts