BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Most of us in the U.S. have never driven a 320i...

However some of the Canadian/European guys may have...

We only have the 2.5 liter, 2.8 liter, 3.0 liter and ///M engines here in the U.S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply!
but it would be great if any of you guys can share some exp to me!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i've never driven the audi yet so i don't know much about them. i would choose the bimmer, of course, but i'm sure there is somebody on here that can give you the comparisons of both.

if not, then when i get home from work, i will do some researching for you. :wink

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had an Audi 2.8Q. Great car. The quattro is exellent. The 1.8T can be modded very easily. My friend has a 1.8T and that car is a beast. It also depends on what you like. I would get the Audi again although i do love my bmw.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
is the 320 a 6cyl or 4? if i remember right its a 2.2L i-6. it may not be as fast as the 1.8t and it may not be as good in bad weather as the audi, but it is a very solid car and looks alot better imo. i would deffinately get the 320, even tho the audi probably looks better on paper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D
Thanks so much for sharing your exp with me!
320i's info:
Cylinders/valves 6/4
Capacity cc 2171

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i dunno, i call that car the 318i 2nd Edition lol, i am glad it is not in the US cause the bimr look would be much more commonplace....i'd get the audi mainly because i like turbos and the gas mileage is really good but you still get lots of power....check out club18t and a4forums before making a decision. Again i'd get the Audi but if you really like bimmers than get the BMW. Test drive both, i cannot stress this enough. Again remember people will give you advice some will say get the bmw and some will say get the audi but frankly although i would get the audi on paper if i test drive both the audi might annoy me with turbo lag or i might like the bimmer better while driving and get teh bmw....hope i make sense :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
where are you geographilcally ???

bmw handles much better, has better shifter and better brakes. in adverse weather, i'd take the audi anytime however.

european audis have very non-progressive brakes. a4 is also noticably bigger inside. it will understeer so , your call....

peter

·
Registered
393 Posts
i would go for the bimmer of course, plus my mate drives a 1.8T for a taxi lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts