BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
I would say the 1st question is...isn't your car fuel injected? I did mine on a 1976 2002 that I threw out the original Solex carb and went to a Weber 32/36 DGAV and then went to the Weber sidedraft and that was after much other effort in regard to exhaust, intake, suspension and so forth. I have to say that the 'velocity stacks' as, they were termed, were not really worth it...but that's just me....the damn car rusted out anyway...so that's my story..the DCOE was very bitchy in terms of termperment. And forget about an all season (cold winter) driver...won't work...and if your car is fuel injected, as it seems yours would be, I don't know at all in that case.....good luck...cliff

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to elimnate the fuel injection system because it has been giving me problems with idle and other problems, and also I think that with two webers side drafted, I heard that it would work better and give the motor more power

· Registered
489 Posts
so you want eliminate the fuel injection system as installed and convert over to a Weber sidedraft carburetor? Interesting......I don't think that'll work for many reasons, honest to God, I don't see that concept as being even feasable....but I am all ears for an explanation..... cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.