BMW Werkz banner

318i Electrical Problem need help diagnosing!!

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I just joined this forum, and I am a new bmw owner.

I picked up a 1994 318i automatic, 4 door with the 1.8 4cyl engine. It has about 200,000 miles and runs great. Something keeps draining the battery however and I can't figure out what it is. I just got a new battery and about every 6 hours it is drained. The battery was tested and is 100% the alternator was tested as well by my mechanic and is perfect. He said there is an electrical short somewhere and he didn't have the schematics necessary to go further into diagnosing it. I will probably have to take it to a bmw dealer, but thought maybe somebody here could help. Any idea what could be draining the battery?

The previous owner just took it on a 3,000 mile road trip and had no issues. He said the battery was dying so we went and got a new one and it has a 2 year warranty. My mech said when he ran a test it came up that there was a short, and something is causing the battery to drain. Ok now i sound redundant. Any advice would be great. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.