BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need help again, my alternator is on its way out(i think), my stereo now comes up with dc error(direct current i think) and sometimes my lights will just dim down while driving and my battery is fine ive checked that, so im going to change the alternator, now can i just get any alternator to suit a 3 series? or does it have to be a specific 318i alternator? cause i think i need to get one thats more powerful than the original one i got as i do have a massive alpine sound system in the car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like your right....alternator may be on its way out. But if your sound system is drawing excessive amps, then your alternator may just not be putting out enough. I don't know what kind of autoparts stores you have in your area, but where I live they can usually check out your charging system free. This way you can pinpoint the exact problem. As for changing out your alternator for a higher output, I would just recommend that you make sure it will fit with your engine brackets. Good luck! =D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.