BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK: My alfa otto R cold air intake arrived today. I decided to check here for some installation help. But after reading the ADMIN too frequently asked FAQs; I began to think it is a waste to even change a 1992 318's stock air box for CAI. Should I resell/throw away the intake I bought on ebay for $35 plus shipping, or should I spend an hour installing it and gaining/losing up to 5hp and making the engine sound better/wheezey???

:banghead

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
cant hurt to put in, try it out, if you like than you like if you dont then you dont. removing and installing stock airbox is easy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I seriously doubt you will LOSE horsepower, but you sure won't gain 20 or something. A 5 hp increase is pretty average for most cars running a warm air intake. A real cold air intake can give a greater variety of results (example: bone stock RSX Type S gets 21.something hp from an AEM cold air intake, where-as a Neon only gets about 9 more hp).

Slap it on, you'll like it :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does it have a plug for the airflow sensor? If not, you might be condemned driving around with warning light on your dash all the time. If it does - send me an Ebay link please :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts