BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a wiring kit with switch for fog lights for a 318i (98). Bought factory type fog/driving lights that go in the bumper, but don't know if the car was pre-wired or how to figure it out. Looked around under the hood,... didn't see any extra stuff floating around.
Thanks in advance, this is for a friend's car.
(Seems as thought I was one of the "crash" victims, I posted this about 10 days ago,... nothing. Just figured out why.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i thought it would already be prewired. check for the plugs up in the engine bay. call bmw and ask them if they prewired your car for foglights.

in 1998 im sure it would have been standard

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
it should be prewired.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 95 318ti was NOT prewired... of course I didn't know this until soon after my purchase. I took it in to a local mechanic (who use to work for a dealership) and he checked it out. He informed me that he had installed the wiring kit in the past and it was a labor intensive job... I think he said 2-3 hours of labor!!!
With that information I decided that I won't be ejoying fogs on my car.

He had the car up on a lift when he checked my car for prewiring... I'm not exactly sure where/how he determined this or I would pass along this info. There are indeed some cars that Don't come prewired. I think if you supply your dealer with the VIN number they may be able to determine it.
Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts