BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 BMW 535I that has just started to get water in the passenger seating foot area. BMW serviced the car and said the drainage ports were clogged and cleaned them out. Now problem has returnd less than 2 weeks later. Any help would be appreciated.

Player1051

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Same thing I would say sunroof drains blocked or they have cleaned them and pierced a hole in the tubes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem with my E39 525i. During heavy rains, water will only come in the rear passenr foot well. How do you unclog the drain wells? Is it in the Bentley manual?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Open the sun roof, look in the corners, normally front, you will see 2 holes.....hot water and strimmer twine (grass strimmer), feed down basically unblocking whilst pouring hot water down at the same time,up & down motion (like unbloking a sink/house drain) go gentle with the cable, you should see water coming out from under the car, there may also be drain holes at the rear on some models...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing has been happening to my 2006 530i... my uneducated guess was that it had to do with the AC unit that wasn't leaking the precipitated water outside (like it should have done). But this clogged drainage ports scares me... more help on how to figure out if in deed it is the drainage ports... sorry I'm not very good with cars, but I hate BMW dealerships for their overpriced services! THANKS!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
GET DOWN AND DIRTY! ;- (no pun intended)

run the car with A/C on... peer into the passengers footwell and visually check whether the A/C evaporator is leaking condensate.

if you go to a dealer or any shop; they will do the same thing... get down and dirty.

Yes, leak visually seen, u have found your answer and the solution is obvious.

No leak... then train your sights elsewhere. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts