BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy I ordered my car back in Jan. And Im due to pick it up March 14th

Just realized that it wont come with a factory alarm??? JUST keyless...

Thats ghey.. but anyways what are my options guys?

Buy the factory alarm and install it myself? I heard its not hard since the cars already wired for it?? IS that true? How much is it?

Go aftermarket? I work at a best buy part time, and I can get CRAZY discounts on alarms/remote starts systems...like 80% off

Any problems with aftermarket alarms on my car>?

Thanks for any input and advice guys.
I know i NEED an alarm but need some advice on what to go with :thud

Oh one more question... The manual says i get Two remote control keys..and one Valet key thats just plain metal...How does the valet key start the car if the regular keys have a chip in them?? Just curious

-----John

2004 BMW 325CI Coupe

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i would recommend the factory alarm.

you can get it at www.circlebmw.com for $225+ shipping (prob the best deal anywhere)

install is pretty simple. you will need that activated at your dealer. usually they charge you money for activation but if you got a sly idea on how to get it activated free.. go for it. i got mine done free :) Maybe you should buy the alarm before your car arrives..and then have them install and activate it for free.

im not sure, but i think they all have chips. the valet keys cant open glovebox and trunk i think.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by woobiee@Jan 31 2004, 01:04 PM
i would recommend the factory alarm.

you can get it at www.circlebmw.com for $225+ shipping (prob the best deal anywhere)

install is pretty simple. you will need that activated at your dealer. usually they charge you money for activation but if you got a sly idea on how to get it activated free.. go for it. i got mine done free :) Maybe you should buy the alarm before your car arrives..and then have them install and activate it for free.

im not sure, but i think they all have chips. the valet keys cant open glovebox and trunk i think.
Sweet, once again.. Thanks woobie :cheers

Yea the valet key wont open the trunk or glovebox you are correct, i didnt know it still had the chip though...

You really dont suggest putting in a remote start though?
Winter almost over, but I figure it would be nice to have in the summer for the A/C

I might be down the shore alot :p

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep, factory alarm is easy to install. It DOES need to be activated by the dealer. Basically, we tell the car that an alarm is in place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hard to believe a $45k car doesn't include a $300 alarm system... bummed when I found out, after accepting delivery, of 2004 325 cic. I asked the dealer about it, he said his dealership sells all parts during first 6 months at cost. Install time around 1.5 hour, plus discounted parts, total around $250. Ask your dealer if they have a similar discount during your first six months. Once it arrives they keep it for a day or so to tweak and prep anyway, so they could put the alarm in then without additional hassle or delay to you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
im bummed out too. my new 04 325 and no alarm. add to that, one of the few cars that the rear seats dont fold down... i mite install a remote start on my car even though its 5spd. i had it on my previous cars. but yeah, its sucks, no alrm? even my 00 328 has an alarm..
im gona cehck out that circlebmw. site also for factory if i go factory.. :wrench

1 - 6 of 6 Posts