BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this car for about 2 months now and I am getting a rattle from the rear doors. It sounds like if something got loose in the door or even the seals around the doors. Has anyone had this problem or something similar?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Two months?? You've got a warranty. Take it to the dealer and complain. They'll fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by onefat99@Apr 14 2004, 02:52 AM
I have had this car for about 2 months now and I am getting a rattle from the rear doors. It sounds like if something got loose in the door or even the seals around the doors. Has anyone had this problem or something similar?
I've been having the same problem. I have a 2004 530, bought in May. It's the door seals. I've taken it into the dealer 5 times. All they put is a silicone lubricant around the door/window seals, but the "creeking" noise comes back within days. The defect is in the seals. Looks like there are two rubber seals against eachother and every time the car goes over a bump or a dip in the road, especially at slow speeds, the creek happens. I feel like I'm inside an old wooden sail ship.

Let me know if the dealer replaces the seals because my dealership will not, they just keep on applying this temporary lubricant. Oh, I heard that even if they replace the door seals, the noise comes back.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts