BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the 5 series forum and have a few questions for you in regards to reliability and drivability (sporting fun):). I am looking at buying a 2004 5 Series. I would appreciate any insight in regards to what to look for (good or bad) with these beautiful vehicles. I currently own a 1987 325i w/5 speed trans. and enjoy driving it very much. The cars I am considering are the 04' 545i 4.4L v8 6-speed auto w/ 90,000 miles. The 04' 530i 3.0L in-line6 auto trans w/80,000 miles. The 525i 2.5L in-line 6 and 6 speed Manual trans:) w/ 95,000 miles. All very nice cars. I'm to decide between motor and trans combos that I'm not to familiar with in regards to BMW. What in your respective opinions would be a "choice" choice. Thank you in advance.

Docho

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
They are all '04 5 series, so body and interior will all be the same(just about) save the care afforded the cars by the previous owner.

They are all reliable cars bearing the same standard of quality. I suggest you take a drive in each one and the feel of each machine will determine which is best for you. Really, it will be your ride, not ours ;-) that means "our choice" does not matter. :)

We have different criteria in choosing the cars we drive. Some like to accelerate fast and brake hard after a short burst of speed; some are content at mild acceleration til they reach cruising speed; some choose a car all because it sports the 540 emblem, instead of a 525i that is better looking physically and has lower mileage; and a horde of other individual "things".

That being said, your choice will be the resultant of affordablity, physical appearance, color, driving style, and of course... pride of ownership.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.