BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BMW 2004 325i and within the past year I have been getting a water stain or maybe rust stain that seems to becoming from behind the glass on my side mirrors. Has anyone had this happen to them as well? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
stain from behind the glass suggests that the mirror seal has broken and moisture or contamination has set in. once the reflective material in the mirror is compromised, replacement of the mirror is the only solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this forum by doing a search --- I'm having the same problem. In fact, I have the same 2004 325i, and I'm in Chicago too LOL. I initially thought this was due to the salt (but I didn't get the same issue the first year I was here in Chicago)... I found another forum that suggested the following:

You have to replace your mirror. Use a trim removal tool or you can use a screwdriver but make sure you use a rag around it so you wont scratch the paint. They are easy to change. Make sure you give the dealer the correct year of your car or you will get the wrong one.

MIRROR GLAS HEATED PLANE LEFT 1 07/2004 51167157247 $46.59
ONLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH
ADAPTER LEAD, MIRROR HEATING 1 07/2004 51167836442 $6.58

But I'm hesitant in doing it myself...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on the date of your post, I am assuming you have the problem fixed by now ... but ..... to help out other members: I just had my 2000 M Roadster mirror repaired by Scott at Radar-Mirror. He is located in Frisco, TX.

I live nearby, so I drove to his shop and he replaced the mirror pack in my OAM mirror with a brand new dimming mirror face for $90!

Check out his website. He is an OK guy, and a Bimmer Head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts