Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 BMW 540iT M-Sport​

One of only 69 sold in the US!

The time has come for me to move on. I am selling my 2003 BMW 540iT M-Sport Touring Wagon. This was the last year of the e39 body style and BMW only sold 69 M Sport equipped 540iT wagons in the US in 2003. You can find 2003 540iT wagons for sale here and there, but only 69 had the all important M Sport package. 77k miles. Major service was just performed at my regular BMW shop this week. New instrument cluster courtesy of BMW NA. Titanium silver with gray interior. No dents, no accidents, no paint work, no rips or marks on interior. Never smoked in, no kids. 4.4 liter V8 with Steptronic Transmission (only offered on the M Sport models, unfortunately there was never a 540iT 6 speed manual imported), 290HP and 324 ft lbs of torque. Basically BMW used the 4.4 liter V8 engine from the 740i and put it into the 5 series. You can carry 4 people in comfort at speeds of up to 155 MPH, if you wanted to. This is one VERY fast wagon!

I have been a BMW enthusiast since the mid 1980's and have owned a slew of BMW's. This has been one of my favorites. Looks, drives and handles excellent. NO issues. Has new brakes, new radiator, and all maintenance issues were always handled on time. CA car, no rust at all. I am only the second owner and have taken great care of this rare BMW. Gets 17 MPG around town and about 22-24 on the freeway. Rear seats fold flat for a large loading area for you to carry stuff. I love this car and am only selling it as it's time for me to get something else. $21,850 OBO. Shipping at buyer's expense, but I will assist.

Standard features:

• Montana Leather Upholstery - Soft as a glove; feels like the softest leather on a goose down filled sofa
  • Xenon Headlights - Super bright
  • Full Aluminum Front and Rear Suspension - A first in the automotive world, this reduces unsprung weight to improve both handling and ride quality at the same time.
  • Intensive Headlight and Windshield Cleaning System.
  • Heated Windshield Washer Jets
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Auto-Dimming Inside and Left Outer Rear View Mirrors
  • Heated Dual Outside Rear View Mirrors - No problems with fogging or icing!
  • Full Remote Keyless entry lock/unlock with alarm and Interior Motion Detector Alarm
  • Ram-Air Front Brake Cooling
  • Triple Zone Fully Automatic Climate Control
  • Four Fully Automatic Magic Power Windows -Just tap one or all the window switches and the windows open or close completely with no need to hold the button. Every window front and back has this
  • Fully Automatic Magic Power Glass Moonroof -Just tap the switch all the way and the roof opens or closes completely
  • All-Open and All-Closed Convenience Modes - Hold down the OPEN button on the remote and all four windows and sunroof open completely
  • In-Dash Radio and CD player
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Power Front Memory Seats, Outside Mirrors and Steering Wheel.
  • and soooo much more

The all important M Sport Package:

• Steptronic Transmission - Full auto mode, sport mode and also full manual mode where you can shift through all 5 gears as you wish
  • High-Stall Torque Converter - This means the engine can spin faster, use more gas and thus make more power when starting off
  • 3.15 : 1 performance rear axle ratio. This means the car is always in a lower gear than the standard 2.82 : 1 ratio on standard 540i models. This way you always get more torque at the rear wheels which means more thrust which means more acceleration
  • M-Sport Aero Kit - Same body kit as on the M5, including front and rear bumpers and side skirts
  • M Suspension II - Unique for 2003. This is stiffer springs, shocks and anti-sway bars. It also lowers the entire car by 0.8 inches. It still rides nice and comfy, and makes it stiff and nimble enough for a lot of fun anywhere you drive.
  • Black Roofliner - Unique for 2003. Instead of gray, the whole roofliner is black. Kind of a Darth Vader look. Very cool.
  • M Footrest - Unique for 2003. This is a place to rest your left foot while you drive.
  • M Sport Steering Wheel - This is the excellent thick leather steering wheel with perfectly positioned finger controls for the radio, CD player and cruise control. It's a masterpiece of ergonomics.
  • M Sport Door Sills
  • High Gloss Shadowline Trim - This is black chrome around the windows instead of the usual silver
  • M-Sport Parallel Spoke Style 37 Forged Alloy Wheels, raised surface polished. 9 x 18 rear, 8 x 18 front. Unique for 2003. (car came with 17 M Parallel II's, I upgraded to an OEM set of 18" M Parallel's)
  • 12-Way Power Memory Sports Seats

Factory Options:

• Heated Seats and headlight washers
  • Rear Sunshades
  • Rear Side Airbags
  • Park Distance Control

Other Options:

• DICE fully intergrated iPod hook up - Allows you to control iPod from stereo and steering wheel controls
  • Remus exhaust - Quality German made exhaust, very quiet, just a slight rumble. Stock exhaust is perfect and included
  • BMW 18" OEM M Parallel wheels with Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires. 235-40-18 front and 265-35-18 rear (extremely sticky tire provides awesome grip and safety)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.