BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002, 325ci windshield washer pump failed and while troubleshooting it, I pulled fuses 49, 52 and 59 to verify that they are not blown because they are listed on the fuse chart as having something to do with the w/s washer pump. Fuses were good, so I checked for voltage at the pump when calling for fluid and had 12 volts. I ordered a new pump and closed the hood. The next day, the car would start and only run briefly, then shut down, running shorter each time it was started. Acts like it is out of gas. Do I have some security system I need to reset (since I pulled those fuses) or was I lucky enough to have the fuel pump go bad sitting in my yard? Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to up-date, I changed the fuel pump and the car starts but runs very erratically, not wanting to idle, and RPMs changing with no change in pedal position . Not sure where to go from here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked and had a P0102 code. Replaced MAS and after a short while of rough running, the car now runs fine, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts