BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had to strip the throttle body because it was seized - been sat in the back of the car since last summer. That's all clean and working now, however, the idle regulating valve looks a bit gummed up inside. Can these valves be cleaned? if so what is the best method? Mine looks as though it can be dismantled by removing the roll pin that appears to hold or lock the 2 main parts together, anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the throttle body cleaner but the valve was still sticky so I dismantled it and did a thorough clean. Turns out the problem was not so much the muck inside the valve as the rust build around the armature, which you can only get to by dismantling the unit.

Anyway once apart I derusted, cleaned, soaked it in silicon oil, put it back together and whey hay it seems ok. If it doesn't work properly it'll be off down the scrappies for a second-hand one, coz new they're serious bucks.

Thanks for the help anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.