BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if the sport package on the 2001 540i 6-speed adds black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers or did they not have that option in 2001.

I'm looking to buy a 2001 540i 6-speed where the owner claims that it has sport package but the trim is still silver to match the body color.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Alex
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ali@Jun 19 2003, 10:45 AM
I'd like to know if the sport package on the 2001 540i 6-speed adds black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers or did they not have that option in 2001.

I'm looking to buy a 2001 540i 6-speed where the owner claims that it has sport package but the trim is still silver to match the body color.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Alex
nonono...the sport package replaces the chrome around the windows, with black trim.....btw, that is a awsome car, and id love to own a 2001 540i
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 19 2003, 08:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 19 2003, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ali@Jun 19 2003, 10:45 AM
I'd like to know if the sport package on the 2001 540i 6-speed adds black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers or did they not have that option in 2001.

I'm looking to buy a 2001 540i 6-speed where the owner claims that it has sport package but the trim is still silver to match the body color.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Alex
nonono...the sport package replaces the chrome around the windows, with black trim.....btw, that is a awsome car, and id love to own a 2001 540i [/b][/quote]
wouldn't we all? :driving


who cares about the colors of the moldings, just buy the car if it's a good deal.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
and who would EVER want the black plastic trim on the bumpers that 3 series have? it looks so ugly....painted strips (like the 540 has) look nice! The shadowline trim (around the windows) ads a nice effect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so let me re-phrase my question... did the 2001 540i 6-speeds have an optional sport package or not? I know that sport package is standard on all 2003 6-spds but I'm not sure if that was the case in 2001.

Also the 2003 6-spd come with black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers, was that not the case in 2001?

Can optional package information be decoded from the VIN? I haven't found a decoder that does that.

Thanks again.

-Alex
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ali@Jun 19 2003, 11:03 AM
ok so let me re-phrase my question... did the 2001 540i 6-speeds have an optional sport package or not? I know that sport package is standard on all 2003 6-spds but I'm not sure if that was the case in 2001.

Also the 2003 6-spd come with black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers, was that not the case in 2001?

Can optional package information be decoded from the VIN? I haven't found a decoder that does that.

Thanks again.

-Alex
i dont believe any 540i 6spd had a sport package, the autos did....i think they automatically came with all the goodiess (since, after all, it was mucho more $$$ then the auto).....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 19 2003, 09:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 19 2003, 09:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ali@Jun 19 2003, 11:03 AM
ok so let me re-phrase my question... did the 2001 540i 6-speeds have an optional sport package or not? I know that sport package is standard on all 2003 6-spds but I'm not sure if that was the case in 2001.

Also the 2003 6-spd come with black body-side moldings and trim around the bumbers, was that not the case in 2001?

Can optional package information be decoded from the VIN? I haven't found a decoder that does that.

Thanks again.

-Alex
i dont believe any 540i 6spd had a sport package, the autos did....i think they automatically came with all the goodiess (since, after all, it was mucho more $$$ then the auto)..... [/b][/quote]
i always found that was pretty odd. oh well.

and i never noticed the plastic moldings compared to ones blending in with the car, i guess i would if i had one though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were separate sport and premium package options until 2000 on all 540 6-speeds. I'm just trying to fnd out if the sport package became standard in '01, '02 or '03.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
i've never seen a 330 with those clears before, i like them though.

alex, not sure when it came standard with the sport package....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
i had a old 2001 5series brochure laying around and this is what i got from it:

the shadow line trim was only available on the 530i sport package. for the 540's: there was a different high-gloss shadowline trim available for the 540iA sport and standard on all 540i 6speeds.

there was deffiantely no sport package for 540 6speeds in 2001
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top