BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every1 , i bought a 2001 530i sport package , the cruise control is dead , no light in dash nothing .... dead . Everything is original , no aftermaket stuff like wheels etc . Only problems i have is air mass sensor and camshaft sensor but i don't think those have anything to do with cruise . And the fuse ? well on my fuse chart there is no fuse for cruise control / speed control witch is weird cause i had a 528i before and it had one . Please help what should i check ? allready check the light on passenger mirror and it's working . Thank you all in advance .

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
easy things first.... CHECK:

Fuse:
109(right side of trunk)
2(engine electronics carrier)
44(fuse panel)
4(fuse panel)

if all good... check brake switch and clutch position switch, (if manual tranny)

** if above all good... then next line diagnostix. find out if the car figured in an accident.

If yes, did the airbag blow? YES, then maybe malfunction or wrong install on the multi-function steering wheel.

***GET the vehicle scanned for codes. If none,

other possible culprits are... pedal position sensor, and electronic throttle actuator, all provide inputs/outputs to and from the cruise control module.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for the information , i will check tomorrow everything you told me and i let you know if i will find something . Thanks again .
p.s it's automatic and i don't think the car has ever been in a accident oh and where is 2(engine electronics carrier) ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dodgy Cruise Control

Hi All, need some tech help if possible...

Own a 2001, E39 520i, manual.
My problem is that the cruise control can be switched on, and all seems fine that is until I touch the brake pedal, and it then drops out, the light goes out on the dash, and it will not switch back on, unless I stop the car, wait and turn it back on again.

I thought it could be the switch on the brake pedal, as it does not do this when the clutch is depressed, but looking at the switch, it only has two wires coming from it, would this be the culprit? my brake lights do come on and off with the switch no problems with the lights anyways...

Checked fuses as in post above, all look ok. I have recently changed the mass air flow sensor, but as reading above, don't think that has anything to do with my next niggle...:help :conf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.