BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting this car from my dad when i turn 16, and wondering what parts i should be replacing, im lucky to have it, its so nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
clear corners...., wheels 18s, exhaust, tint, and your set!

Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
deffinately euro lights, if u got the 17" 7-spokes then the car sits pretty low already and the wheels are more than decent, so stick with that for a while unless ur itching for ultra handling. since the 328i is already a fast car, i would save the money from bolt-ons to get DDE's (angel [demon] eyes from the 5 and 7 series).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
#1 CLEARS!! (a must) then comes umm, decide if you want exterior or interior styling. I think interior is more important cuz you spend alot more time inside than out. Gear knob, ebrake, and even new trim? The mattechrome trim is like 200bucks total, very very cheap, well cheaper than coupes! If ya got 17" i think that is good for now. Tints are inexpensive, id say 100-200bucks. Chrome exhaust tips if ya dont have any (20bucks a piece i think). I think buying some cleaning products is a good idea. And dont forget a nice pimped out BMW keychain to show your friends:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
#1...waterpump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Originally posted by e30_325_s52@Apr 29 2003, 09:53 AM
#1...waterpump
I thought pre-'95 were the only ones with the plastic waterpumps... ??? .... then it's only dependent on the mileage you have on the car.

Anyhow - why change anything if it doesn't need to be changed. =) When you are done fixing the car to OE specs(any wearable parts don't need to be replaced, running great but a 2000 should be in great condition) then start changing out for stuff you want to change.

Later on down the road I'm going to tint the windows, do intake/ecu and that's about it. But that's all personal preference stuff and not necessary. It's a great car from the get-go(with the sports package IMHO)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
it should be under warranty so don't replace anything that isn't paid for, if it doesn't have a warranty then buy one.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We got it used, and it had 60,000 miles already on it :( my dads warranty is 5 years/ 50,000 miles....BTW what are Clears?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by Gene@Apr 29 2003, 08:48 PM
We got it used, and it had 60,000 miles already on it :( my dads warranty is 5 years/ 50,000 miles....BTW what are Clears?
Clear corner markers/turnsignals. Just looks better than orange, in many people's opinions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
can you get clears for my model? I always see the newer cars that most of you own with the clears, and everyone talks about them, but what's available for me? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
ask josephine in 'the store' I am sure she can get them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
lol 87... first of all you dont even have "corners" so i dont know how you plan about putting them on. And second if youve ever seen an e30 with those clear(they arnt really clear... its more white) front turn signal covers... they look kinda goofy and and have the riced honda look. Look around to see if youd really like them before you spend 30 bux on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
there are very simple ways to get rid of the orange on E30's. i paid $3 for some lighting crap at home depot and made front turn signals with a dremol tool. then i paid $2.90 for some transparent modling paint from hobby lobby to make my tail lights red (cuz white would look bad on the rear). go see the "Z4 shifter" topic in the tech forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Apr 30 2003, 02:52 AM
lol 87... first of all you dont even have "corners" so i dont know how you plan about putting them on. And second if youve ever seen an e30 with those clear(they arnt really clear... its more white) front turn signal covers...
Originally posted by 87 325@Apr 29 2003, 11:49 PM
can you get clears for my model? I always see the newer cars that most of you own with the clears, and everyone talks about them, but what's available for me? Thanks
Well, the word "corners" never appears in my post, Fox, and I was actually talking about the taillights. I'm still waiting for Niki's Place to get those really nice angel eyes that were in a post here before the Great Crash. Perhaps I should've used the words "tail lights", instead of "clears". You'll have to excuse my ignorance... <_<
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
lol sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
It's cool. Sorry if i sounded bitter. I was having a bad day. Does anyone remember the angel eyes I'm talking about? I think Josephine posted a link, but it might have been someone else. I remember her saying that they would prolly have 'em in stock mid april. And the tail lights, i think it's the euro look I'm after. Full clear, or white, or whatever in the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,240 Posts
i dont know what your clauses are for the warrenties, but over here if you do anything to the car it can make your warrenty invalid..... it may be worth checking before you start changing things..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by 87 325@May 1 2003, 11:13 PM
It's cool. Sorry if i sounded bitter. I was having a bad day. Does anyone remember the angel eyes I'm talking about? I think Josephine posted a link, but it might have been someone else. I remember her saying that they would prolly have 'em in stock mid april. And the tail lights, i think it's the euro look I'm after. Full clear, or white, or whatever in the rear.
ive seen some E30's with all-white tail lights that were custom made, and it didnt really look that great or go well with the car. depending on the color of your car tho i would think smoke tail lights would look pretty sweet :) B)
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my dad has a silver 328 e46....i want to get chrome exhaust tips, the stock ones are rusty and stuff
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top