BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have been having problems with my alarm on my 328i. It goes off on it's own with no interference from anywhere. Any ideas as to what could be causing it? thanks. Great site guys and great tips.

· Premium Member
1,051 Posts
A couple easy tests are to disconnect the hood switch and then monitor to see if it stops giving false alarms. If that doesnt change anything then you can try to disconnect the interior protection sensor which is located in the center of the headliner inside of the little rectangular pop-out. Pull it straight down and it will pop loose then you can disconnect it. If niether of those make a difference then other causes might be a failing door or trunk contact or a vehicle battery which is getting weak. A BMW dealership can pull a history of what exactly has been triggering the alarm.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the advice. i have a sneaky suspicion that it has something to do with the battery, as the battery light seems to stay on for a while and is also red which means something is wrong, but i will test the other things you have suggested. Nice pic similar to mine. Awesome mags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.