BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I'm new here. My gf just got a 2000 328ci 5 spd. It drives nice and stuff, but there's an odd problem i noticed. When you put it in 1st gear or reverse, you can hear this screeching noise as the car starts moving. It comes from the engine bay and disappears once the car is in motion. Also when going over the bump really slow you can hear it coming back. Basically it makes the noise when the car is about to stall. What could it be? Thank you, your input is greatly appreciated

here's the noise:
youtube.com/watch?v=BRwqo34-AZQ

also she's learning how to drive standard and whenever she stalls, the car wont turn back on right away. It takes a few tries before it starts. Today when she did it again, it would turn over but no start. Any pointers? thanks ppl

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think i got the no start after stalling issue. There was some padding underneath the clutch and with the clutch fully engaged it was barely touching the sensor, so i removed most of it. Hopefully that will take care of that, so now i have to tackle the weird sound problem, any ideas?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It honestly sounds like it's about to stall at the end of that video where you back it up slightly. I'm wondering if the clutch isn't sticking or something. Very odd.
very odd indeed, thats the sound that im talking about, it only makes it when the car is about to stall. Could incorrectly installed water pump do that?

· Registered
10 Posts
I found something making a weird noise on my 99 318, It sounded like it was a wheel bearing or something like that, It was coming from the passenger side, and with window opened sounded like the disc or wheel squeaking! Really only noticeable in 1st and reverse, and on rough uneven ground.

After a bit of searching much to my surprise I found the source of the sound, Its on the blimming clip that holds the air filter box down onto the body, a small plastic clip with a screw fitting. Squeaking away merrily! Silicon glue solved it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.