BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warranty is running out on my 2000 323CI and can get additional warranty for $3000 (for 5 years/60,000). Is this worth it? Does this model have a history of major mechanical failure? BMW sells this warranty through a third party, so I'm not sure what's all covered or how much hassle it is to use.

Help.

·
Registered
729 Posts
not worth it if you took care of the car.

however, if you plan on having the dealer diagnose and repair problems, buy it. they WILL rape you.

if you at least can diagnose yourself, and have no trusted mechanic, it may be worth the money, but it is a tough call.

peter :coolspot

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
My warranty has run out already.... I had Inspection II done around 48k miles, It now has 75 k miles...

Only problem I've had after the warranty was a bad bearing in a pulley.... My mechanic showed me how to DIY the replacement of the pulley and my cost was $50.00 just for the pulley... Besides that One of my window regulators got tangled and I paid $150 for that. Otherwise I have no regrets about not buying an extended warranty. The dealer usually makes you grab your ankes/touch your toes anyways. Get a trusted independent Bimmer mechanic...

:thumbs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts