BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 20's fit onto my E34 535????? I know 19's will but the rims I just found that I really want only come in 20" and above!!

Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
I dont think that would be very tasteful. I'm sure there would be rubbing issues with 20's. I wouldnt recommend it.

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
dont take this personally, but I think you would have more ground clearance than a bus if you put 20s on there

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think you should put some 19" BBS CH's on there :thumbs

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
19" Alpinas would own.... I'm not a big fan of 20's , besides when the tires wear out it will run you way over $1000 to replace the tires.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I thought that!!!

Its definately not worth it!!

I am just hesitant to put racing kind fo rims because it might look to poserish cuz my car is not all too fast compared to most cars with them!! Thats why I have always gone Chrome!!

But any suggestions are welcome, I am just getting an idea for the future(summer)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Stock ones in teh Garage in-case I ever have to go use them in the snow for some reason

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The 18"'s look fine. You might concentrat on hp/handling to give your rife a boost.

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
I believe teh max u can go on e34's r 19's

20's will nto fit unless u want to change all ur pedometer settings and such, and liek sum1 else said, good luck, u might require a step lader.

in my opinion, 18's look the best and max sum1 should go on e34's. 19's seem ridiculous but im more sport than style (if thats ur style)

·
Registered
21 Posts
you can go online to www.tirerack.com and choose your model car, they will show you what rims they have that are available for your car. They will even show you what your car would look like with the rims. If 20" show up as available then you can put them on your car and have no issues of rubbing at the same time you can maintain your current ride hight. Remember that 20" rims will make the car ride a lot rougher... a lot. If you think there is a difference between stock and your 18" wait till you get to 20". another web site to try is www.discounttiredirect.com... also great places to order your tires for a fraction of the cost then you would find at the local tire store.

·
Registered
990 Posts
alpina on my compucar

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I couldn't own a car like that, there are too many speed bumps and road irregularities where I live. So easy to crack rims and damage suspension components. I personally think those rims are 20's though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think those might be 18's with a 2 1/2 inch lowered suspension!! They are no where near 20's, but maybe 19's but I could almost promise they were 18's

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maz, I think you are right, but the fact that they are deep dish rims, the tires are really low profile, it being lowered, and the picture being shot from the angle it was shot at, makes the wheels look huge.

I think your car looks pretty sick just the way it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts