BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i was just on realoem trying to find a part and can't find it. it is the switch on 2 door models that sits behind the striker and lifts the window a half inch when you close the door. does anyone know what this is called and where to find it?

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
striker 007.JPG
jb, took a look and it is #6 in that pic but i don't know if the striker includes the part that i need. it is the sensor at the back of the striker,as the door closes it hits this sensor pushing it in and the window raises about a half inch. pretty shitty iphone pic, cant find my camera

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
View attachment 28923
jb, took a look and it is #6 in that pic but i don't know if the striker includes the part that i need. it is the sensor at the back of the striker,as the door closes it hits this sensor pushing it in and the window raises about a half inch. pretty shitty iphone pic, cant find my camera
Hey Wraith.....check out these links.......according to the thread below, the plastic on the striker wears, causing the switch not to work properly......I don't think the micro switch #15 is included!

DIY: window drop down/ door micro switch fix - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Scroll the arrows in link below to see different views of the striker
:

Home Page > Search_BMW > 51218105511 > ES#90167 STRIKER - 51218105511

jb :)

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
thats the part! thanks jb! how'd you make out with the 5 speed swap, any progress?
You're welcome..........still trying to find a donor car...:mad

I was going at it with the kit, but with further research, found out that the existing stock 3.91 rear diff. is going to be a problem with high revs.......so I until I find a donor car with a 5 speed manual & a 3.23 rear diff. it is on hold! :(

jb

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good luck with search, definitely get a highway rearend. these cars should have had a 6 speed in the 90s. in 5th gear at 140 kph (bout 90 mph) i'm reving at 4 grand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts