BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi one oh my familys cars is a 1998 528i still under warranty and there is a wierd problem with it: at seemigly random times the air conditiong starts to stink really bad and its not from outside and every time we take it to the dealer we ask them to fix it and the say they will but never do, they say oh we did this oh we did that but it never really gets fixed. so my question is does anyone know what this could be caused by? how to fix it? or any other advice? :help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this problem in other cars. I think the condesation that is developed in the A/C condenser will develop a moldy smell if allowed to sit in the system for any length of time. Next time you use your A/C, run the "vent" setting for the last few minutes of your drive to dry the A/C condenser out before you shut the car down or park the car for the night (or extended amount of time). Think about it like leaving some of your clothes in the washing machine and forgetting to throw them in the dryer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They are getting over on you. I have the same problem, just to lazy to go and get it looked at. Here is the info from the service bulletin, from ALLDATA. Good Luck and let me know what they do....so I can get it done too!!!

TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title
640891 JAN 02 A/C- Musty Odors

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi same problem with my 523i. Got my garage to spray a antibacterial product into the intakes, seems to work OK but may have to redone if persists. Dont have the name of the product, I will ask next time. :bravo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts