BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is such a terrible question and I can alreade hear the laughter, but I need to know.

I have been hearing this noise off and on, and never been able to locate it. The other day I happen to have the hood up when the noise began again, a loud but not screaming hum. I quickly located it in the corner of the engine compartment on the passenger side near the firewall. It looks like a canister of some kind and has several hoses coming off it. I found that if I placed my hand on the top and pressed, I could cause the sound to deminish. I looked through the manual that I have and could not find a picture that was labeled as to what this thing is and what it does.

So my questions are: What is it? Is that hum suppose to be there? What should be done about it if anything?

Thanks for indulging me in my novice questions and for you assistance in resolving them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
are you talking about the circular thing that has a black hose running from it down the side of the engine compartment near the headlight? if so thats the thing that uses exhaust fumes to heat up the engine quicker when its cold out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that is the thing that I am talking about, a little rough to describe. So now that I know what it does, how much noise does it make normally? And is there anything that would be watching for that would indicate its eminent destruction?

Thanks for the assist. What do I need to do to get me one of those graphics? To go along with my posts of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts