BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of an M3 from the 1995 year. I am in the market right now, because I can afford one from that era. I got up to $16,000 to spend on a car and why not a BMW. So, if anyone could please help me that woudl be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
3.0 liter instead of the 3.2, less torque. The engine is OBD1 so you can modify to make more power. Watch out for the waterpump, it was made with plastic that year so it breaks easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. Whats a good mileage for thoes cars before shit goes haywire. And how are they during winter. In indiana its a hit or miss on how snowy our winter will be.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
For a 95 M3 mileage is fine around 130,000 = ~12grand

You can definetly find one with around 70,000 miles if you look around with 16 grand..

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
mileage is not that important, you can find a car with 150,000 miles that is better then one with 50,000.....it's all about finding an M3 that has been taken care of and properly maintained.

Also, alot of people say that the ///M engine doesn't even break in until 75,000 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by RedTape@Jul 6 2003, 12:36 PM
For a 95 M3 mileage is fine around 130,000 = ~12grand

You can definetly find one with around 70,000 miles if you look around with 16 grand..
http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtm...or=&cardist=149

Yeah, I am gonna call on this one probably tommarrow. Do you think the bank would make a 4 year loan on a 8 year old car? Cuz that is the way I am going to have to do it, because I have a ~$7500 downpayment and I would need a loan for the rest.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Try a credit union and not a bank.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Looks good :thumbs i doubt the bank will finance 4yrs, probably 3 at best.

Welcome to the forums btw B)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MrM3@Jul 6 2003, 05:00 PM
Looks good :thumbs i doubt the bank will finance 4yrs, probably 3 at best.

Welcome to the forums btw B)
Thanks man.

I hope they will do 4 years, because that will be the easiest way I could do it, with my DP and 4 years with a 5.39(the intrest rate around IN) it comes to 180 a month. and 3 years is 226 a month. I could do 226, but with school and everything.

I might end up having to go through the local BMW dealer cuz I could get financed easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Regnevelc@Jul 6 2003, 08:56 PM

I might end up having to go through the local BMW dealer cuz I could get financed easier.

I think you will have a tough time finding a car like that, at that price, from a dealer...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Originally posted by Regnevelc@Jul 6 2003, 07:05 AM
Ok, thanks. Whats a good mileage for thoes cars before shit goes haywire. And how are they during winter. In indiana its a hit or miss on how snowy our winter will be.
at around 50k you may need new RTABS

for winter, the 95 doesn't have traction control

1 - 12 of 12 Posts