BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've gone through all of the posts looking for this problem and haven't seen anything....

Recently I had to replace a Window lift clip on the driver side. The driver side window hasn't been used in quite some time because I hadn't replaced it since it was winter and I wouldn't be putting the window down...anyway

The window goes down all the way, but now it will only go up about halfway and won't go passed that point. I have tried forcefully pulling the window up, disconnecting the negative battery cable, removing the fuse and have had no positive results.

The motor runs right up to the point that it stops and it shuts off. I'm figuring some type of setting, but how do I reset it to go passed that half way point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Window Problem

I have a 96 BMW 318i convertible and it was doing the same thing. It could be off track or a bad regulator. BUT... in my case the window just needed to be reset. If you look on the inside of the door (where the door latches to the body of the car) there is a little reset button. Mine is located on the latch toward the rear side of the car. Roll your window all the way down and hold the reset button for about 10 to 15 sec. Then try to roll the window up. If it goes up to far, you will need to reset the window function itself. Roll the window down all the way and hold the down button for about 5 sec after it is all the way down. Then repeat rolling the window all the way up.

Hope this helps.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts