BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody what could be the problem if I get errors like Brake Lining + and Coolant Level + and also the SRS light. See pic.
Also while turning right the steering becomes kinda loose.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
I Also get the srs light.... as for the coolant level, check the level on the side of ur radiator... there should be a mark half way up, (make sure ur engine is cool first) if it's not up to the mark fill it to the mark.

As for the brake lining, change ur break pads. http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/brakes/pads.htm

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
woah that bitch is lit up like a christmas tree..

last time i saw a problem like this was a sunfie with a corroded pcm..

wait till tech comes online he might be able to help you.. thats fucked up dude i hope for your sake it aint the ecu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dubumb@Jan 15 2004, 09:26 PM
hope that helps... BTW, what kind of car do you have? ur instrument panel looks identical to mine... I have a '92 525i... http://www.cardomain.com/id/dubumbz
its a '95 525i. I just bought it and was wondering if its a big prob fixin' this stuff. anything about the loose steering while turning right?
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by eekay+Jan 15 2004, 11:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (eekay @ Jan 15 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dubumb@Jan 15 2004, 09:26 PM
hope that helps... BTW, what kind of car do you have? ur instrument panel looks identical to mine... I have a '92 525i... http://www.cardomain.com/id/dubumbz
anything about the loose steering while turning right?
thanks for your help. [/b][/quote]
I dont have that problem... Maybe you need an alignment jobby or ur power steering is being retarded... Do you have any kind of tire wear? Could be the ball joints or tie rod ends... not too sure though...

·
Registered
434 Posts
These 3 things shouldn't be related. It's your check control letting you know what to check. It goes in order of priority to safety.

Brake linings, means you have worn brakes, front or rear or both. If the brakes are fine, it's likely a sensor. The sensor is simply a wire attatched to the brake pad. When it wears down to the rotor, the wire grounds and set off the warning. This will also happen if the wire gets cut by the wheel (from being routed wrong, or coming loose). There are two sensor, left front and right rear.

Coolant level, simply letting you know the coolant level in the radiator is low. Check it. If it's low, check for leaks. BMW's commonly need to have coolant added after time, due to evaporation from the venting system.
If it is NOT low, you probably have a bad coolant level sensor. It'll be located at the bottom of the coolant reservoir/expansion tank.

The srs light could be several things. You'd have to have the codes checked to pinpoint the source.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too had the coolant sensor light come on my 525ise. It turned out to be just corroaded terminals at the bottom of the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts