BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 BMW 318i passenger window is half-way down, won't go up. No sound from motor. Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I would start by checking the fuses, the manual should tell you which fuse corresponds to your window. Do your other windows work? If not it may be your comfort relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for response 318 passenger window malfunction

Hi Kid-
Thanks for your help. All other windows working; car has been sitting for 18 months. Thinking it could be window motor frozen? Any ideas?
Ruester

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
If the other windows are working and there is not a blown fuse then I would suspect that the motor is the problem. It "could" be the switch that operates the motor, but the motor is far more likely. As to a possible fix that does not involve replacing the motor Ive got no idea. I would hit up vines automotive in AL (assuming you are stateside) and see about getting a motor from them if you do not want to purchase a new one. They have always treated me well with good prices and quick shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
318 with window malfunction

Hello again-
Thanks for helping out. We thought motor, too so have already ordered one. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it works!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts