BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a 1994 530i starts fine, but, when goes into idle starts to miss and check engine light comes on. Check engine light stays on and when mechanic uses computer to check codes it says oxygen sensor - already replaced both of those along with MAF, cold temperature sensor - anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks as this lets additional unmetered air into the engine and the oxygen sensors cannot control it (that's why you get that code). It could be your intake manifold seals or your PCV (at the back of the intake manifold).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Second that ^ regarding hoses. Same issue with teh 740. Also replaced my fuel filters and she runs like a brand new sewing machine. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help! I have a 1994 530i starts fine, but, when goes into idle starts to miss and check engine light comes on. Check engine light stays on and when mechanic uses computer to check codes it says oxygen sensor - already replaced both of those along with MAF, cold temperature sensor - anyone have any ideas?
I am having the same idle issue on my 2000 528i... almost sounds like it wants to stahl out at times...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.