BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, im looking to purchase a 1994 325i since its in my price range but don't know much about them. This will be my 2nd car (had a 1993 mx6 LS for a year but sold it to my cousin) and I was wondering if it's a good choice. Im currently 17 so I know my insurance will be quite expensive but I can most likely afford it.

So is there any technical problems known to this year and series? I've never driven a bmw and was wondering how the shifting would be on this puppy. I hear parts are pretty expensive to if I want to modify it (which I will be doing) and repairs.

Anyways, if anyone knows some stuff about this year and model and can share their thoughts with me as to whether it would be a nice car, I would appreciate it. If my insurance is really expensive I mite purchase a 318 but I would much prefer a 325i.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Shady

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
check the FAQ forum there is a thread about common problems on E36's

by the way , i love my 1994 325is

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm 17 and i just got a 93 325is about 3 months ago and i just love it. The power is great definitley dont go down to the 318 you will be disapointed. I wasnt a very good stick driver when i got it but i had driven alot of manuals, and the clutch on my bmw was the easiest i had come across. I went from a 99 altima and the bmw was 1000 times better in every aspect a car can me in and since your coming from a MX6 you will probably like it as much as i do. Parts can be expensive and i recommend you take it to a bmw mechanic first, the early E36 years alot of plastic rubber parts were used and start wearing out at about the 8-10 yr mark though, but if you can afford it, its definitley worth it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You can search around the world, and never find a better Beemer than the 325i....always a good decision. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts