BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have had this problem for sum time now but its getting worse, the problem is sometimes when accelerating it seems to hold back a bit, if i drive it hard and let the revs go close to the limiter it will not run right after at all its like its running out of fuel, but if i turn the ignition of and on it will run fine, but then sometimes it will start running like a bag of poo, then the next minute its fine?

the other week i put redline in the fuel tank it ran mint for a few days, loads of power no problems at all, but then it started again, i have changed the plugs, and fuel filter, any help plez thanks.

also the other day when driving it did it that bad it had to be towed home, it was only just idling but when i put my foot down it would not rev up and it was backfiring and popping out the air filter?

· Registered
38 Posts
Any chance you have moisture in the spark plug wells? My was running like crap simular to yours. I changed the coil packs,looked for vacume leaks and finaly found that I have moisture in the wells. Any moisture (oil, water) will cause a missfire. It's worth a look.

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
Try a higher octane fuel

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi the car as been fine all day? when i changed the plugs there was a bit of oil in 2 or 3 wells so i cleaned it out, but it still ran the same, the plug boots are a bit cracked at the end. i was going to change them but its running ok now? also i was getting 25-26 mpg now im only getting 20 mpg?
i think its got to be a electrical problem, cuz when i was driving it the other day it started doing it and i flicked the ignition of for a second then back on and it ran fine again?

i also filled up with higher octane fuel yesterday morning but still had the problem all day yesterday?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.