BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my voltage regulator, looked at the repair manual and looked at my alterantor and could not see any similarities. It does not look like a bosch or motorola alternator. Could someone please identify it for me. One photo is looking down ontop of the alternator the other is the rear of the alternator.

Attachments

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Could you tell me what brand etc the alternator is so i know what i am looking for?

And could i just put a bosch alternator in or would it not fit?
You can give the fellow^ above a call, they have good prices. Otherwise, call any parts shop, give them the year, make and model or you car... and they'll take care of you.

(option)If you have a brand on the alternator with a part number... have it at hand when u call.

There are probably 200 or so models of BOSCH alternators. They are not all the same:) So best go by what's said above ;-)

Your Q comes strange to me, where you at bro? outside the US?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes im from outside the us

The repair manual i have only explains swapping the bosch voltage regulators. This alternator is a valeo i found out aprantly the instructions are in the bentley repair manual , would anyone car to share?

· Registered
1,493 Posts
The repair manual i have only explains swapping the bosch voltage regulators. This alternator is a valeo i found out aprantly the instructions are in the bentley repair manual , would anyone car to share?
the only fellow i know that is bentley savvy is "johnnybayonne" if you send him a PM and you be nice, he might oblige and give you step-by-step instructions ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.