BMW Werkz banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im new to the whole E30 thing, just picked up a completely grandpa spec 1990 E30 318IS. Everything about the car is next to flawless......apart from my low beams not working. Ive tried working it out but just cant, dosnt even come on when i turn high beams on. When i pull the pully thing (very professional naming by me i know) i do hear a click in the fuse box, so im assuming that means that the pully thing switch is working fine? When i looked in the fuse box i got all excited because the low beam relay wasn't in there, so logically i assumed that was the reason, so at first i swapped my high beam relay (K3) into where the low beam should have been (K4). This achieved a whole lot of nothing, so i thought maybe i had to have the high beam in as well in order for the low beam to work, so i put the high beam back in K3 and grabbed the horn relay (K2) and dropped that into the low beam slot while the high beam was in its designated slot, still achieved nothing. So i decided to see if i was even getting power to the low beam relay ports, which Im getting a solid 12 volts. The globes look basically brand new, not blown or burnt out. So im at a complete loss on what to try next.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts