BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 1990 325i and am trying to find a way to reset my oil & service light but can't find anyway to do it ... i DID find info on new ones but not this one ... strange thing it has 20 pin connector but NO pin 7 ??? what am i missing here is it different ... i change the oil etc myself .... the light is annoying me & my wife is bugging me about it ...... this the " light is serious lol....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disregard, here is a more intelligent question. (at least for me it is) any recommendations for a computer diagnostic tool? they sell one here for an example. (dont know anything about em) OBD2 Fault code reader for Porsche BMW Audi VW Volvo Ford Seat Skoda sells something. I figure I have to spend a little money to reset the code, for a few dollars more can I get something that does that and diagnosis? or is this just pissing money away. Thanks.

Jim

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
Cross the pins with wire whilst the IGN is on ACC !! (Maybe leave the wire on for 5-10 secs), then remove key... Then put back in and see your prize !!

This method resets the cathode/diode/capacitor that holds the car's "STATUS"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.