BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my clutch just died on me. I stopped at red light with my feet on both the clutch and the brakes. when the light turned green I ahve noticed that my clutch woudlnt' come up. I managed to leave the car in second gear and drove it back home a coup;le of blocks riding on the clutch. And when I was home I was playing with the clutch. I can press the clutch down half way and it will sink to the bottom all by itself. it looks like that there's some kinda hydrolic effect happening. I don't know what could be broke. I am suspecting hte spring or the cylinders. It will jsut sink to the floor and to get it back up I'll have to pull it up manually with my hand. I don't have to push it all the way to the floor. if I push it half way it looks like that the hydolics is pulling it down. I don't see any leaks anywhere and the fluids are topped up.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
26 Posts
might be a fluid problem
check your clutch fluid
you might need a whole new clutch i did...i got a SACHS clutch for $600 its a good clutch

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
well either your slave cylinder or master cylinder is bad. in a hydraulic system you always have a master and a slave. you can cap the master and push in the clutch pedal. if you get a lot of resistance to the point where you cant move it then the master is good but slave is bad. if the pedal still falls to the floor then it will be the master.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts