BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: My first time here. I might buy a 1976 530i. This BMW is black and has minor paint blemishes. Everything else is in excellent shape as the owner has kept it in excellent condition. Can anyone help me with pricing info as the owner said he will sell it for $5000.00 USD. I searched the internet and can find no values on this car.
This sedan has 55,000 original miles on it.

Thanks Dave

· Premium Member
14,701 Posts
$5000 has to be absurd. Even with low miles, there are time sensitive parts that most likely need replacing. Do you have pics? And at 55,000 miles, the engine may just be approaching a timing belt (and might as well in the process), water pump change.

· Registered
266 Posts
Here is the link:

1976 BMW 530i 4 Door Sedan price report at NADAguides.com.

Average retail is 4825, low is 3150 and high retail is 7425. With such low mileage it would seem that the price of $5,000 is a good deal. However, make sure that the car comes with all the service records. Why such an old 5 series? You can go with something much newer for the same type of money. The 530 is less reliable than the 525. The small 3.0 v8 requires more maintenance than the straight 6.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1976 530i

I'll get photos and post them. This guy's been a friend for many years and I've seen him drive it less than a mile to his own shop each day. He's put 8k for miles on it in the 6 years he's owned it. My best friend does the service on it. Roland ( current owner) fixes every little thing on this car.
I am learning about BMW's for the first time. I've driven Audi's in the past and used to like driving the Audi 5000's. Bad windows and problems with the racks steered me finally away from them.
Dave

Thanks for any help I can get in learning

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
The e12s are nice, but I wouldn't pay over 3000 for it, no matter the miles. If you're itching for a old bimmer and want to spend that sort of money, look at 2002s.

btw, if you think Audis were bad, you're gonna love a 30+ year old BMW ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.