BMW Werkz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am thinking of getting some new wheels for my E39 but still have that option of rotating them. So i was thinking of 18x8.5 all 4 corner. have anyone done this or know someone who did and how does it look? And one more thing, what size tires should i do if i am going that route?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Should be fine, This set up has been on my brothers 540i for years. Deep dish multispokes, looks great!

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have 18x8's on my E34 and run a 235/40/18 Fuzion. I know yours is different, just thought I'd toss my two cents in. You can go to tirerack.com and use their 1-up and 2-up calculator.

·
Registered
849 Posts
in the back that extra 1/2 inch of width might cause some rub @ 40's or 45's....

just becareful, if you don't have a fender roller, rolling fenders can be tricky.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to roll the fender to my civic to fit the new wheels i got for it. But for my 528 i want to try and fit let say 245 40 18 all around.

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
What tires and wheels are on the car now? You want to try to keep as close to the factory rolling diameter as you can to retain the speedo accuracy. Width just has to fit the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know i really didn't look at it, i think it 16'' rim but don't know the side wall.I have to look at it. To cold to do now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts