147 Mph In 325is

4K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  bigred318 
#1 ·
haha yes... just as the title says... heres proof

*wink wink*

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
1. i hope you didnt take pictures while going 147mph - skip to 2 as this one is unimportant
2. there is no way you can focus that clearly on the gauges while going so fast...even the smallest crack in the road will be felt... also read number 1
3. why is the rest of the dash barely visible; why is it purple. i smell p-shop.
4. if you had a chip i am sure you would have it listed under your mods... stock 325 will never get up that high.

sorry, but it looks very sketchy (sp?). for some reason i believe its fake... [flame suit on]

#4 ·
I'm sorry mate but I have to lean towards what Torgue is saying,I have done the p shop before as has everyone else i'm sure; If it is real then a big thumbs up for the mad driving skills,however I can't belive that is true as you're driving at night right? so why then are you driving on low beam? you wouldn't do this mad driving run with other people in front would you? hmmmmm na don't belive it!

#5 ·
what type of camera did you use? as torque said, the bumps should have made that pic very blurry, and it really adds up to a funny situation. we're not calling you a liar, we just think there are a few facts missing....

wait guys, he didnt actually say that he did it, or was even there, or took the pic. and whats with the wink,wink????

Mark

#6 ·
well atleast speedy noticed the whole "*WINK WINK*" thing.. but he still didnt catch on

that is my dashboard.. my picture.. with my camera...

did i go 147mph? i dunno maybe *wink wink* </2nd attempt>

#9 ·
Originally posted by dagoo98@Oct 7 2004, 07:08 PM
Well if the car was on a lift that would explain why its not blurry and the wheels can get up to that speed in no time with no road friction. Maybe he was on a lift.
[snapback]206935[/snapback]​
I agree - also I have seen this achieved before whilst trying to clock a car by putting a high speed drill onto the speedo cable.

Anyhow at that speed your speedo is usually well unaccurate, I had a cavalier that I could get to 130 on the speedo but I doubt she was doing more than 125 really.

#10 ·
im suprised that it redlines at 150 ish

#14 ·
the purpeley shit is the dusk sun, thats why is gauge is illuminated, cause his lights are one. If your on a freshly paved highway, it's not bumpy at all... remember, these are BMW's dude :p
A buddy could be holding the camera for him, I've been able to focus and take pics in some precarious situations and macro while keeping focus...

I say it's possible but heh, it is kinda WAY TOO in focus :D

#15 ·
I'm going to try to get my friend to take a pic of this for me, so I can post it here for you guys, I don't know what your gearing is ether but my 5-speed 325is the tach and speedo are in the same spot in 5th gear, thats why i didn't believe it at first, so 7 grand is 160 on my car, i've never been that fast, but i've been to 150, after the JC chip, I'll see if i can get the pic later this week when i do my g-tech runs

#16 ·
at what point should i say april fools

#20 ·
plus the MPG guage is a 9mpg. if you are going that fast, even if you have the pedal to the floor you are going to get way more mpg than that. if i am going 80 and i bury it, my gauge only drops to like 12 at lowest.

#21 ·
Driving in highway at night! Photo taken by a mobile phone, so it's not very sharp. But you can see what the speedometer points at! :) 210km/h (around 130mph) and I took the picture while driving! (I know it's insane but I can't help it..)

And Torque:

My car is a e46 316ti (it has a 1.6lt engine with no mods). So my point is; if my car can get up to 130mph, I'm sure a 2.5lt 3 series can get up to 147mph ..

Attachments

#22 ·
Originally posted by Kevin325i@Oct 12 2004, 08:39 PM
Nice photo shop. Rev it to 6400 take a pic then shop in the needle later? Is that why there's a blur from 0-10 mph but nowhere else on the speedo?
[snapback]210219[/snapback]​
i noticed the blur at first too, and if you look at the top of the picture between the guages tehre is what appears to be another needle there like what it would look like when dark with the dash lights not turned on

#23 ·
Originally posted by RedlinedRU@Oct 20 2004, 10:37 AM
plus the MPG guage is a 9mpg. if you are going that fast, even if you have the pedal to the floor you are going to get way more mpg than that. if i am going 80 and i bury it, my gauge only drops to like 12 at lowest.
[snapback]214751[/snapback]​
lol, at 6k+ rpm your mpg probably drops to like 5. No way would it stay at 12.

#24 ·
Originally posted by RedlinedRU@Oct 20 2004, 11:37 AM
[snapback]214751[/snapback]​
Yeah, the MPG gauge looks a little low. Here I have a (LOUSY) pic I shot on the 540i I used to have untill a while ago. The gauge is indicating something around 25 liters per 100kms, which is about 9.4 MPG. However it's a 4.4 V8 engine, much heavier car and coupled with automatic transission.
[attachmentid=14575]

This second pic was shot by a friend on his E46-M3 :)
[attachmentid=14576]

Saludos a todos,
Alessandro

Attachments

#25 ·
If you can get into the onboard computer (of which I am not going to go into here) there are all sorts of tests you can do including the following one

TEST-NR. 02
(Instrument test)

This test works only when the key is in position 1, NOT when the car is running. Press Reset and all of the gauges and lamps in the instrument cluster come to life. All the lamps except for the warning indicators (such as overheating and low oil) come on. I presume the "idiot lights" are connected directly to their respective sensors so they still work even if the OBC dies.

The speedometer and tachometer move on their own from one extreme to the other, so if you want to get a picture of your speedometer reading 155 without leaving the garage, this is the way to do it.

The above relates to the e39 but I would assume all bmw's have this feature.

It looks pretty cool too - One of the tests is called "RESET", resets the service interval perhaps - I haven't had the balls to try it!!!!!! just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.